Saturday, January 8, 2011

Trouble In Paradise

    Well in the wee hours of the morning a ruckus broke out and much to my dismay my girls were being killed. Kallie our beloved flower dog ( such a hippy) pushed open the door and was having a fit. Thanks to her our loses were minimal. I am a really good shot under stress. A very large raccoon was maiming all our hens and had one killed. I knew they could be mean, but when he turned at me and hissed with those fangs my instinct finished the fight. I haven't used the gun to do anything but shoot rubber bullets to get the elk out of hay, so was glad I still could.
       On a better note the waters are thawed except the auto frost free ones and the animals are all in pens with water. A little less work in the cold. :) :) My son got a wolf call and being as that is what pushes them in to us we haven't seen any tonight since we played it may have to sleep all night tonight. :) :)
My poor little girl and the evil predator.

No comments:

Post a Comment