Saturday, January 15, 2011

Spring Teaser Makes Work

     I love love love January thaw. It was the perfect day. All the frost free waterers are WORKING! Lots of physical and mental working together. We put up more fences in more places. As we were working the elk walked back and forth on the hillside, watching, making their game plan. I actually felt (feel) like we are sparring. My anticipation to see the night thru and see if we won tonights efforts or not is probably odd to most. I am doing my hourly checks so far so good.
     I was in fence building mode so started on garden. I went to the creek bottom and started thinning out the willows and brought them up and wove them thru the fence. Concept is high enough the jumpers stay out and into the ground enough the girls stay out. I enjoy the calming busyness of the girls when I work the dirt and they work by me, digging and scratching. I thought to myself WOW not everyone gets this.
Then just as written in the book about the little red hen. Those who work in the garden harvest the garden. I guess the girls didn't think I put much time in. :) :) So we are going to be a little more one sided this year. But as I am learning, it is a watch and do as you go world out here on the ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment