Saturday, January 1, 2011

from the ranch

 
My view walking out to feed.

While there are days when my girls both hairy (cows) and feathered (chickens) are comforting and peaceful to be around, today was not it. At 10 below this morning I was taken to task as though I  personally had something to do with it. My sassy hens were cranky and bickering and my timid girls not far behind, the poor boys just kept tilting there heads a little vocal but they know who runs the coop. The cows flung their heads in protest making sure I acknowledged their despair. Once fed all was well again. And while I enjoy the world outside and time with my girls my fire inside was to nice to venture far away from. The night is bringing in the elk again everytime I stoke the fire I open the door and scare them out of the hay. The mule deer left a horn yesterday will make a good candle holder. I see the medium white tail buck has only 1 horn, on a warmer day will see where he left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment