Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cow In The House

    There are, on occasion, times when you have to allow the outdoors in. This little bull calf was so large his feet were curled. It was cold and I couldn't get his joints stretched. So in he came. The babies couldn't believe it. My bulldogs made short work of licking him and laying by him to warm him. We stretched his joints and rubbed him down, hoofs under the wood stove. When he stood it was several tries to get his balance without his feet curling. I just held his joints (hind ones) and the husband balanced his body. Then out to mama we went. My husband held the calf and had me milk mama a little to get him sucking. All is well. When we came back in my grandaughter said " Nana tell Papa no more cows in the house. He made a mess and now you have to clean it up!" Such a girlie girl sometimes. I told her why we did it she said we are very goofy. That may be how the world sees us. :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment